[Herald Interview] Latvia hopes to boost economic, cultural ties with Korea
简介Latvia hopes to boost trade, investment and cultural relations with Korea, said the country's t ...
Latvia hopes to boost trade, investment and cultural relations with Korea, said the country's top envoy to Korea on Friday, as Latvia marks its 105th anniversary of independence.
Latvian Ambassador to Seoul Aris Vigants said there was potential for increased cooperation on many fronts, with trade volume between Korea and Latvia reaching 128.3 million euros ($140 million) last year. Latvian exports to the country amounted to 72.7 million euros and imports were worth 55.5 million euros in 2022.
"We have enormous potential in boosting our relations in economics, trade and investments," said Vigants, underscoring Latvia and Korea’s shared values, commitment to democracy, freedom, the rule of law, respect for human rights and a rules-based international order.
Latvia and Korea established diplomatic relations on Oct. 22, 1991. The country, as an EU and NATO member state, actively collaborates with other member states on common foreign and security policy goals, such as the Indo-Pacific Strategy, and benefits from the free trade agreement between the EU and South Korea.
Korea aspires to serve as a global pivotal state and establish a new chapter of mutually beneficial cooperation with Latvia. Both countries are members of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development and share ambitious goals.
The leaders of the Group of Seven countries "strongly" condemned North Korea's recent spy satel ...
Friday is the first anniversary of Samsung Electronics Executive Chairman Lee Jae-yong's official as ...
JYP Entertainment’s girl group NiziU has won the best pop video award at the MTV Video Music Awards ...
NYT picks Yoon as one of most stylish people of 2023
Ruling party to appoint innovation committee members
Mirae Asset Securities names Kim Mi
NiziU wins best pop video at MTV VMAJs
S. Korea, US, Japan to discuss regional security issues: White House
Sumi Jo awarded Geumgwan Order, highest honor for artists
- Solbi talks about dealing with malicious online comments in documentary
- US rejects NK's 'double standard' claim on Seoul's satellite launch
- Drug demand rises over surge in ‘walking pneumonia,’ flu
- Seoul shares open tad higher on tech, financial gains
- BTS to open new chapter after military service
- Exhibition opens to deepen ‘Olympic experience’
- 'Making economy more dynamic a top priority': finance minister nominee
- Warmer winter temperatures expected this week
- Lucy returns with 'Boogie Man'
- Another search targets opposition leader in corruption probe
- Incheon Airport passenger traffic to recover during Chuseok holiday
- 한동훈, 체포안 설명 8분 넘기자…“짧게 합시다” “왜 이리 시끄럽냐”
- [이번 주 리뷰]美 Fed 기준금리 동결…이재명 체포동의안 가결(18~23일)
- "KTX 꼭 타보고 싶다" 했던 김정은 "만족한 합의"…뭐길래
- 합의문도 없는 희한한 북·러 정상회담…결국 비즈니스 관계였나
- 야당 29명 반란, 이재명 방탄 뚫렸다
- FSS issues advisories to fisheries cooperatives federation for W50b investment loss
- [New in Korean] Ancient Korean mummy unearthed in Irish peatland
- [Today’s K
- [Book Review] 'Lee Kun
- "가리비 8m 천장까지 쌓였다"…단 한달만에 日 타격 입힌 中
- Allies vow stern measures against Russia
- Yoon pushes for Xi’s visit to firm up ties with China
- Opposition party leader ends 24
- KFCC promotes financial inclusion via branches in developing nations
- LG Chem pivots to LFP with Huayou for Morocco plant
- Golden apples: Why fruit prices are national issue in early autumn
- [Korea Beyond Korea] 'Funding drought jeopardizes interest in ancient Korea studies in US'
- Outpaced by Coupang, Shinsegae carries out major leadership reshuffle