Fire breaks out at SK On's plant during pilot run in China
简介A fire broke out at SK On's electric vehicle battery factory during a test run in China, but no ...
A fire broke out at SK On's electric vehicle battery factory during a test run in China, but no fatalities were reported, the company said Monday.
The blaze occurred at 2.50 p.m. (Chinese time) at the facility in Yancheng, eastern China, the company said in a statement.
"No casualties have been reported, and we are investigating the cause of the fire and property damage," the company said.
SK On is the battery-making arm of South Korea's leading energy firm, SK Innovation Co.
The battery firm plans to start production at the new plant in the second quarter of 2024.
SK On is anticipated to confirm its production date after completing the investigation of the incident.
In 2021, the company unveiled a plan to invest 3 trillion won ($2.32 billion) in a second production line in Yancheng. The new plant boasts an annual production capacity of 33 gigawatt hours, making it the largest among all its production lines in China.
SK On operates three separate EV battery plants in China, -- Changzhou in Jiangsu Province, Huizhou in central Guangdong Province, and Yancheng, -- with a combined annual capacity of 27 GWh. (Yonhap)
경기 과천 중앙선거관리위원회의 모습. 뉴스1내년 4·10총선 출마 예정인 지역구 예비후보자 등록이 12일부터 시작된다.중앙선거관리위원회는 선거일 120일 전인 12일부터 제22대 ...
South Korean and global security experts saw it unlikely for the growing competition between the Uni ...
An exhibition featuring calligraphy, paintings and folding screens opened Tuesday at the Chuncheon N ...
- [Today’s K
- [Herald Review] Musical 'Yujin and Yujin' captivates Taiwanese audience
- [Herald Interview] Zion.T aims to rebrand with new LP ‘Zip’
- Hyundai, Kia named top exporters of the year
- Yoon nominates former boss to head broadcasting watchdog
- [KH Explains] Why tighter US subsidy rules could boost Chinese firms
- Rising political stars, big names likely to run for 2024 general election
- 김영진, 원희룡 인천 계양을 출마설에 “이재명과 맞대결 환영”
- Yoon heads to UK for state visit, eyes deeper security relations
- S. Korean literary giant Jo Jung
- Abandoned dog with note and heart sparks anger
- King Charles welcomes South Korea's president with state banquet, mingles with K
- [Our Museums] Exploring quirky yet thoughtful world of Mr. Toilet House
- S. Korea, Britain vow closer ties in nuclear energy sector
- Oman celebrates 53rd National Day, calls Korea reliable ally
- [Herald Interview] Food trade chief confident of winning official recognition of Kimchi Day in US
- National Orchestra of Korea's 'Winter Concert' to bring harmony of tradition, musicals
- [Global Finance Awards] Shinhan chief makes big ESG push
- 49th Seoul Independent Film Festival to screen indie Korean animations
- NewJeans, Seventeen, BTS win top honors at 2023 MAMA Awards
- 북·러 또 무기거래? "나진항에 석달새 대형선박 18척 드나들어”
- [KH Explains] KG Mobility looks to turn to annual profit for 1st time in 7 years
- A decade of YouTube and Korea in the World of Dave
- Photo of Fu Bao's baby twin sisters’ birth selected for Time's Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Industrial output, retail sales, investment all fall in Oct.: data
- Ateez closes 1st chapter of career with 'The World Ep. Fin: Will’
- Celltrion's Zymfentra to make US debut in February
- Consumption slows down amid high rates, inflation
- Former head of Jogye Order dies in temple fire
- 尹대통령, 이동관 방통위원장 사의 수용했다…"면직안 재가"
- Seoul shares open higher on Fed's rate pause hopes
- [Global Finance Awards] Going global essential in era of digital finance
- BM of Kard to return solo with single ‘Lowkey’ this month
- Minho of SHINee to hold first solo fan concert in January
- Corning appoints company veteran as new Korea head
- Govt. posthumously confers state medal on late Ven. Jaseung