Japan returns favor, flies Koreans out of Israel
简介Japan is evacuating 18 South Koreans from Israel using its military aircraft, a gesture of goodwill ...
Japan is evacuating 18 South Koreans from Israel using its military aircraft, a gesture of goodwill that appears to reciprocate Seoul’s rescue flight last week to bring back Japanese alongside its citizens.
According to Kyodo News and the Japanese Defense Ministry, 18 Koreans and one family member of foreign nationality -- along with 60 Japanese and four family members of foreign nationality -- will land at Haneda Airport in Tokyo on early Saturday.
The Foreign Ministry in Seoul said it has nothing to confirm or add to the rescue mission led by Japanese authorities, noting details will be released following Japan’s official announcement on the issue.
In a phone call Sunday, Japanese Foreign Minister Yoko Kamikawa thanked South Korean Foreign Minister Park Jin for flying Japanese out of Israel, the latest evidence of warmer ties between the two countries.
The two Asian neighbors, which had long been locked in historical disputes neither looked ready to compromise over, mended their ties in May, when they decided to put behind differences to advance common security and economic interests.
No Korean fatalities and casualties have been reported since the Oct. 7 attacks by Hamas on Israel. An advisory issued Thursday by the Foreign Ministry urged Koreans to leave Israel. Travel to the Gaza Strip, where the Palestinian militant group launched the multi-pronged offensive, was banned in August.
On Friday, Park met with Israeli Ambassador to Korea Akiva Tor, extending condolences to the victims and their families affected by the conflict.
The Korean diplomat asked for cooperation on looking after Koreans in Israel, saying he looks forward to the safe return of those taken hostage by Hamas. Civilians have to be protected under international humanitarian law, Park added.
부산 엑스포 유치 불발 일주일 만에 윤석열 대통령이 부산을 찾았다. 윤 대통령은 6일 부산항국제전시컨벤션센터에서 간담회를 열고 세계박람회(엑스포) 유치를 위해 노력한 기업인과 시민 ...
Hyundai Engineering on Thursday secured an order from US energy firm GTL Americas to build a plant i ...
The top diplomats from South Korea, the United States and Japan have agreed to take stern measures a ...
- 윤 대통령, 엑스포 불발 1주만에 부산행 “지역현안 완벽 추진”
- From traditional to trendy, three of Seoul's top yukhoe spots
- Russian top diplomat to visit NK, accuses US of fueling tensions on Korean Peninsula
- Opposition head pleads for support in ‘fight against Yoon dictatorship’
- Korean attorney elected as new ICC judge
- [Photo News] Mudeungsan fully opens door to public after 57 years
GC Biopharma breaks ground for Indonesia’s first blood products plant
[Weekender] Behind the scenes of Korean food crazes
S. Korean firms urge US to clarify 'foreign entity of concern'
Dodgers prospect trying to fit in with S. Korean nat'l baseball team
BTS' V and Blackpink's Jennie break up: sources
[Korea Beyond Korea] Early Korean history remains virtually unknown abroad
- 12일부터 4·10총선 예비후보자 등록 시작
- Passengers file complaints over burning smell on Gimpo Goldline
- Born rich, promoted young: chaebol scions become president just after 40
- Mirae Asset Securities names new CEOs
- Seoul stocks end nearly flat on cautious note
- 윤 대통령, 엑스포 불발 1주만에 부산행 “지역현안 완벽 추진”
- [News Focus] Why Kim Jong
- Things look bright for ‘Past Lives’ Oscars prospects
- Tourism potential of Philippines, Korea discussed at GBF
- Actors, musicians unite for Hakchon Theater's closing act
- Female Nexon employee berates 'misandrist gesture' in MapleStory video
- 홍준표, 하태경 종로 출마 선언에…"주사파 출신이 갈 곳 아니다"
- First lady explains S. Korea's dog meat ban plan to Queen Camilla
- Hyundai Motor to halt Asan factory in Korea for EV factory construction
- 'Batter Up': YG rookie Babymonster to debut as six
- 김용민 “尹, 총선 승리하면 계엄 선포할 것…저지선 확보해야”
- '12.12: The Day’ attracts 1.8m moviegoers in five days since opening
- American investigated for ‘teeth grinding’ graffiti across Yongsan
- Speculation grows over Yoon's looming Cabinet shakeup
- 군사력은 미국이 우위지만, 글로벌 공급망은 미·중 비등 [중앙포럼]
- Korean banks at risk of W3tr in losses in HK
- KIPO chief strengthens IP alliances with Middle Eastern counterparts
- 尹, 과학기술자문회의와 오찬 “예타 간소화·예산집행 유연화 필요”
- Korea to start hiring E
- 1 in 8 commercial flights exposed to pathogens: KDCA
- [Today’s K
- Samsung's Harman acquires audio platform Roon
- [Herald Interview] Nam Woo
- ‘Smugglers’ wins best picture at 44th Blue Dragon Film Awards