Savor the irresistible taste of tteokbokki
简介When it comes to Korean street food, few dishes are as beloved and iconic as tteokbokki.This spicy t ...
When it comes to Korean street food, few dishes are as beloved and iconic as tteokbokki.
This spicy treat is a must-try for anyone seeking an authentic Korean culinary experience.
Tteokbokki is a popular Korean snack of chewy cylindrical rice cakes slathered in a spicy sauce made primarily with red pepper paste. Fish cakes and other vegetables are often added. The dish is spicy, sweet, chewy and addictive.
Tteoksan, a tteokbokki eatery, located in Seoul's Bukchon neighborhood, just a few minutes walk from Anguk Station on Line No. 3, is famous for its exceptional sauce, which won the grand prize at Seoul City's Jang Fermentation Sauce Contest in 2021. On weekends, a long line forms in front of this small eater, even half an hour before it opens.
The origin of Tteoksan can be traced back to a family-owned tteokbokki eatery in Busan from 25 years ago. The restaurant moved to Yeonseo Market in Yeonsinnae, northern Seoul, in 2017.
Over the years, the eatery has continued to gain popularity. Ha Min-ji, the daughter of the family, learned how to make the dish from her mother and opened Tteoksan in Bukchon in April.
Tteoksan's Bukchon restaurant defies the perception of tteokbokki as mere street food, right from the outside appearance of the restaurant.
The restaurant showcases a blend of traditional and modern in its interior, complete with the colors of tteokbokki -- red and white.
President Yoon Suk Yeol on Wednesday nominated Kim Hong-il, the incumbent chief of the Anti-Corrupti ...
The South Korean government may announce its plan to increase the medical school enrollment quota as ...
Korean bass baritone Samuel Youn made his international debut 25 years ago when he took the stage in ...
- 외교부, 이스라엘 전역 여행경보 ‘특별여행주의보’ 발령
- S. Korea beats Chinese Taipei for 4th straight baseball gold
- Ive kicks off first world tour, 'Show What I Have'
- [Hello Hangeul] Korean language instructors' working conditions remain subpar
- [Herald Interview] 'UN peacekeeping forces need better gender equity'
- Unification ministry urges NK to immediately send detained S. Koreans back home
- 문재인 "부동산 정책, 초유 상황에 실책…신뢰 잃어 뼈아프다"
- Voter interest reaches all
- S. Korea sweeps up 2 gold medals at stake in recurve team events
- Film director Jung Byung
- Congressional panel official stresses space
- Helicopter parent's questions spark debate online
- Yoon set to depart for San Francisco to attend APEC summit
- Ive, aespa, NewJeans, StayC and Kiss of Life join star
- Yoon says short selling ban necessary to protect retail investors
- Animal shelter busted for killing and burying hundreds of pets
- Container shipping costs for US west coast rise 7 pct in October
- Prix Medicis winning Han Kang wants next novel to be like 'spring'
- Stray Kids to perform at 2023 Billboard Music Awards
- [Up close in Yeouido] Spy
- Bill pushed to let South Korea list Hamas as foreign terrorist before UN
- S. Korea, US, Japan reaffirm cooperation
- [Herald Interview] ‘Daily Dose of Sunshine’ director, actor say drama consoled them
- Google offers data residency for Korean corporate clients
- [Korean History] In 2005, science world’s biggest scandal unravels in Seoul
- Soyeon, Winter, Liz's collaborative song 'Nobody' comes out Thursday
- BNK Busan Bank to pilot English
- SK to create world's first advanced plastic recycling cluster, breaks ground in Ulsan
- Naver's QR payment service available in 42 countries
- Posco vows to foster startups, regional economies